Monday, May 17, 2010

What is the best eye shadow primer?



First I started with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Later I moved on to MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and then Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin. Here is my experience. All three do an excellent job of preventing creasing but each primer has it's specialty.


Too Faced Shadow Insurance:

Pros: Easy and gentle to apply, efficient packaging, enhances eye shadow pigmentation, long-lasting.

Cons:  Sheer, doesn't come in any colors.



MAC Painterly

Pros: Covers redness/discolorations and creates an even canvas to work with, long-lasting.

Cons: Dries out quickly, which makes the product difficult to work with, eye shadow pigmentation not enhanced as much as with the other primers.



Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin

Pros: Gorgeous champagne shimmer, adds dimension, can be worn by itself, easy and gentle to apply, enhances eye shadow pigmentation,  long-lasting.

Cons: Packaging not efficient.



...And the verdict is in!
Both Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance are my favorites. I really enjoy Too Faced Shadow Insurance and I can use it confidently for any look. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin is a must-have for me whenever I'm doing a shimmer, frost or light eye shadow look. I rarely use MAC Painterly anymore, however when doing a smoky eye I do enjoy using a MAC Paint Pot such as Constructivist or groundwork.

In the end, it is up to you to decide for yourself. Leave a comment, What primer works best for you?