Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lipstick vs Lip Gloss



Okay... I know lip gloss is fun, it's pretty and it can make lips look glossy, plump, full and luscious. Although that all sounds wonderful, I still do not like the way it feels. I don't like that wet feeling on my lips, I find it to be a bit uncomfortable.

When layering a lip gloss over a lipstick it keeps the lipstick so wet that the color wipes right off, it has zero staying power. Also I spend a lot of time outdoors and anytime there is a slight breeze my hair sticks right onto my mouth. My hair is like a magnet to lip gloss and I end up with lip gloss smeared all over my face. It doesn't matter if it's sticky or creamy, it's just not my bag baby.

I much prefer lipstick. I enjoy the different textures and finishes of lipstick. I like the drier feeling on my lips (not DRY but you know what I mean). My hair doesn't stick to it and yet I can still have that shimmering glossy look by wearing a creamy frost or lustre lipstick. Plus I can layer lipsticks just like you would with a lip gloss but with lipstick I don't have to worry about the color slipping around on me.

Yes... there is no question lipstick is definitely the better choice for me!