Thursday, May 27, 2010

MAC To The Beach Haul


The MAC To The Beach Collection was released here on Maui today. I've been waiting for it for months! So it was an exciting day to say the least. I picked up six items from this collection.

Products Purchased:
Marine Life Highlighter/Blush
Beach Bronze Cream Bronzer
Hipness Blush
Get-Away Bronze Blush
Beachbound Lipstick
In the Buff Nail Lacquer

 

 Of course the star of the show was Marine Life, which sold out online within the first two hours. I was happy to get it but afraid to use it. The gold over-spray is beautiful and in one use it'll be gone.  :(  I wish the gold went all the way through it.

 

I don't own any cream bronzers but I thought Beach Bronze would be a great one to start with.

 

Both of the blushes are beautiful so I had to get both. Hipness is a gorgeous coral-pink. Get-Away Bronze at first glance appears to be a bronzer, however a closer look reveals a rose gold tone making it a bit more complex and special.

 

Beachbound is a Glaze formula and was not a highly sought after lipstick, due to it's sheerness I suppose. Personally, I enjoy lipsticks such as Beachbound that have a light tint of color with a shimmering finish.
 

Lastly we have In The Buff Nail Lacquer. I only heard one other person's thoughts on this nail polish, they didn't like the color. Really I hadn't planned on getting it but when I saw it in person and swatched it, I thought what an interesting, edgy, rugged, khaki-nude color. It was so unique and unlike anything else I had or have even seen, I had to have it.