Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nail Care and Nail Buffers?

I've used nail buffers on and off for many years. Until about two years ago I stopped. I decided that I would not use nail clippers or buffers, instead I was going to keep it simple with just my nail files.

I've always had issues with my nails chipping, splitting, breaking.  However after some time on my simplified nail care regimen I noticed that my nails were stronger and healthier. There was no breaking, splitting or chipping. I maintained nice natural nails for over a year. Then for some reason possibly out of curiosity, I purchased a buffer and very gently, lightly used it one time just to smooth a few ridges and add shine. Oops...Big mistake! My nails instantly returned to the splitting mess they were before. Ugh...

So now that I'm fully aware that buffers are NOT my friend, I will stay away from them for good. I've been growing out my nails for a few months and they are returning to better health. The splitting has started to subside.



These are the only products I'll let touch my nails now. They are Crystal Nail Files, made in the Czech Republic. They last forever! The grit is ultra fine and it never wears down. They are so gentle on your nails yet they file quickly and efficiently.