Saturday, June 12, 2010

Olay Age Defying Anti-Wrinkle Replenishing Night Cream

















It came time for me to purchase a new moisturizer. I had been using Ole Henriksen 3 Little Wonders sample pack from Sephora, but I was interested in trying something new. I was looking at a couple of products, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and Olay's Age Defying Line. Since I've never tried any Olay products I thought I'd give it a go.

I chose Olay Age Defying Anti-Wrinkle Replenishing Night Cream. However, I wish I'd went with Clinique. Unfortunately this Olay cream made me breakout. Nothing too severe, no cystic acne or anything. Just a couple areas on my cheeks and nose broke out with some minor superficial whiteheads. I never get breakouts like that so I knew it was this new moisturizer, the only product that I've recently changed in my skincare regimen. The breakout was close to the surface which basically told me that it was too much moisture for my particular oily/combination skin type and my pores were getting clogged and irritated. Bummer! It felt really nice but just didn't agree with my skin.

If anyone would like to do a swap of some kind please feel free to message me.