Wednesday, June 23, 2010

NYX Smokey Eyes Palette Review
















Top Row Swatches












Bottom Row Swatches












Review 

I was very excited to try out the NYX Smokey Eyes Palette for my EOTD today. After giving it a go I can definitely confirm it is well worth the price, I paid only $8.99 at Longs. It's a great value!

The palette offers a four matte eyeshadows: 1 black, 2 shades of dark brown and 1 soft brown. Then there are six shimmer eyeshadows: 2 frosty highlight shades, 2 medium taupe/gray shades and 2 soft silver shades. It's a nice selection but I would have loved to see a matte highlight color.

The quality and pigmentation of each eyeshadow in this palette varies. The matte colors are not as highly pigmented as I'd hoped but they are certainly buildable. The medium shimmer colors are similar to most NYX eyeshadow singles, they are buttery, pigmented and easy to blend. The frosty highlight colors are a tiny bit sheer but are easy to build upon.

For best application I suggest using an eyeshadow base, such as a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil. Today I used only an eyeshadow primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance)


















Verdict 

Overall, would I repurchase this palette? Yes. Absolutely! It's an incredible value. You get plenty of eyeshadows to play with and the sleek compact is perfect for on the go or traveling.