Friday, June 11, 2010

MAC Pigments Haul

Yesterday MAC released a selection of their pigments at counters. We only have one MAC on Maui and it happens to be a counter. So I just haven't ever thought of purchasing pigments until this point, but I was very excited to go and pick up a few.
















I purchased 4 pigments (left to right) Vanilla, Naked, Melon, Rose Gold.
















Unfortunately, they are just not that impressive. I will keep trying different methods of application but I'm quite sure now that I much prefer mineralize eyeshadows over pigments.


I think the one I'm most disappointed with is Naked. Under the bright store lights it looked to be such a lovely neutral with sparkle, but applied to my lid... nothing.

Also I must say that I really do not like the packaging. When I was first opening up the pigment boxes, I reached in to pluck out the Vanilla container and the top popped right off, Vanilla pigment flew everywhere...Ugh. The lids barely tighten on these things!