Saturday, May 7, 2011

Range Day - May 7 2011...

Big Mullet got a new Chicken Chucker (clay pigeon thrower for you non-rednecks). This thing is freakin awesome. You can adjust it to throw all kinds of directions and elevations. You can even set it up to be able to fire what ever direction you want.

See that square tube sticking out behind the seat? It fits into a receiver hitch. So I guess you could sit in the seat and launch clay pigeons while you are driving down the road. We may have to try that. Hmmm, sounds like something Young BillyBob would have tried in about 2 seconds.


All we shot today was shotguns. Other than my M&P .40, I didn't even bring anything else. Here is our gear.


That is my Mossberg 500 on the left, Big Mullet's Mossberg 590A1 in the middle and my Little One's Remington 870 Youth 20ga on the right. We shot my 500 more than anything else. Neither of us had much luck with the 590A1 today for some reason. My Little One is sick and couldn't make it out with us, but we fired a few rounds through her gun just to make sure it was working ok, it was.

With the new Chicken Chucker we are able to send two pigeons up at a time if we want. Shooting two is a lot of fun with a pump gun. We did pretty good, but we could use a little more practice.

I have to tell you, my Mossberg 500 is a damn fine gun. Everyone that shoots it instantly falls in love with it. It is easy on the shoulder and very accurate. What more could you ask?

Here is me.


Here is Big Mullet.


Here is Big Mullet with his competition Service Rifle. We didn't fire it, but we had to check out the pull on the new trigger he installed.

We had a blast. We shot up more than a hundred rounds, probably close to 130. And went through a box of 132 clay pigeons. Any day shooting is a great day...