Friday, May 6, 2011

The Chevy 302...

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have had people tell me that Chevy never made a 302 cid engine. That's hard for me to believe since I have owned 2 of them.

It might be a little hard to make out, but if you look close, you can see the 302 sticker on the air cleaner. And if you really take notice, this is the engine compartment of a first generation Camaro.

Here is another picture of the air cleaner sticker.

And this will really be hard to see, but if you look closely at the cowl induction hood, you will see a 302 badge. And the fine young Blonde looks a lot like Sara Jean Underwood, but I don't know for sure.

The history of the Chevy 302 is really an interesting story. I could tell it to you, but there are other people who know the names and dates better than I do. Check out these links...