Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Review: NYX Daydream Of Oahu Bronzer

NYX Daydream Of Oahu shown with L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner.














While browsing the cosmetics aisle at Longs, I found a counter-top display with a set of NYX Hawaiian-Themed Face & Body Bronzers. I was surprised to see they had testers as well. I swatched each of them and chose #2 Daydream Of Oahu. This shade seemed to be the coolest-toned of the collection and the best match for my skintone. I prefer bronzers with a cool undertone (such as NARS Laguna) as I don't like too much warmth or orange undertones.

















I've tested it out for a few days now and have really been enjoying it. The powder is finely milled, not powdery at all. The texture is silky smooth and it blends into your skin so easily. Something that really caught my attention with this particular shade is that it has a gorgeous golden sheen on the skin, which I love! Not shimmer or glitter, just a glowy luminescence, very multi-dimensional.





















 Lightly Swatched and Blended Out.














However, one thing I must warn about is... This bronzer HIGHLY pigmented, so fair skinned girls be careful. You need to use a light hand with this product. For reference I'm a NC30, I use my MAC 168 Contour brush and barely touch the brush to the product and that's plenty for me.





















The compact comes with a puff applicator (Although I prefer my MAC 168 Contour Brush) The part the puff sits on flips up and there you have your mirror. It's a nice all in one compact that's great for on the go.


Where and How much? $11.99 at Longs. A little pricey for a drugstore product but also better quality than your average drugstore product.


The verdict: Definitely worth checking out. I own many bronzers but this glowy golden luminescence may make this bronzer a special and unique piece in my collection.

I'll keep you posted.

Xoxo,
Christine