Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Drugstore Haul: Ardell, Red Cherry False Lashes, Essence Of Beauty Brushes!


















I usually don't wear false lashes but I've always admired the look of them on other people. I haven't had access to Ardell or Red Cherry locally until now, so I thought I'd pick out a few and give them a go.

I like the look of Demi Lashes the best and would have bought more except they were already sold out in several styles.

Here's what I got:


















































Also Purchased: Essence Of Beauty 5pc Brush Set.

















These are my first Essence Of Beauty Brushes. Great price, only $9.99 at Longs! When I got home I immediately washed and examined each brush and I'm quite impressed. They feel nice and appear to be well made. The shape and density of the face brushes are especially impressive.



















(Left to Right)
1. Powder Brush: Slightly smaller version of the MAC 129 Brush.
2. Angled Blush Brush: Slightly smaller version the MAC 168 Brush.
3. Eyeshadow Brush: I'll use for applying an all over wash of color, or brow bone highlight.
4. Eyeliner Brush: Umm, I'm not sure how you would use this for eyeliner, I will probably use it for concealer.

The set comes with a sleek brush roll, great for travel. I love the bow on it, very cute!




















Do you use Essence Of Beauty Brushes? Do you have a favorite? Are there are other ones I should try?

Xoxo,
Christine