Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How about that Top Shot last night?

Ok, the Ruger 10/22 was as cool as it gets. Wouldn't it be a blast to be able to do that carnival shooting? It kind of reminded me of when I was a kid, setting up cans and bottles and plinking away.

Once again Jay proved unwilling to listen to advice on shooting style. Normally he comes out ok with that, last night I think it cost his team the win. He was to slow to line up his shots and took too much time moving from target to target. I guess it all worked out ok for him in the end.

The elimination challenge was also about as cool as it gets. For all the cool and historical weapons as these guys get to shoot, you can't can't beat a good old .22.  I was shocked and amazed that Daryl was tripped up by something as basic as seating your magazine. Especially from a retired Marine. I mean that's day one stuff. The stress of the competition must have really gotten to him. He knows better.

For as much as I feel Jay doesn't deserve to be on the same firing line as these guys, I have this sinking feeling that he is going to win it all. It's hard to say, but dang, the guy just keeps coming back.

It's tough to see Daryl go. He was a great competitor and seemed like a genuinely good guy.

Adios Daryl...