Thursday, January 6, 2011

MAC Cham-Pale Haul/Mini Review




When Christine from Temptalia first blogged about MAC Cham-Pale I was excited for the upcoming collection. I'm a huge fan of Pale, Sparkling, Snow Bunny, Winter Eyes. However after it was released at MAC Pro and I began seeing less than stellar reviews on the Paint Pots my excitement faded. Still I visited my local MAC Counter to see it for myself. I ended up Purchasing 3 of the 4 Paint Pots, 2 Pencils and 1 LipGelee.

Original Purchase:
Chilled On Ice PP
Dangerous Cuvee PP
Vintage Selection PP
NC 15/20 Chromagraphic Pencil
I Get No Kick Eye Kohl
Luxure LipGelee

I really wanted to like the Paint Pots, under the bright lights of the store the colors were beautiful in the pot and swatched on my hand. Unfortunately, Dangerous Cuvee and Vintage Selection looked downright awful on my eyelids. They looked dry and flaky like reptile skin, with glitter fallout galore. Not at all like the sparkling champagne snow bunny eyes I'd hoped for. I tried different application methods with TFSI and UDPP primers, fingers, brushes, different eyeshadows. I own several PP's but these were a big disappointment. I hate returning anything because it's wasteful but Dangerous Cuvee and Vintage Selection had to go back to MAC.


The rest of the items I've been very happy with...

I kept: 
Chilled On Ice Paint Pot (Sparkling White Gold w/Gold Glitter Flecks, love it along my lower lashline)
NC 15/20 Chromagraphic Pencil (Use on the waterline for an eye brightening effect, or concealing spots)
I Get No Kick Eye Kohl (Pearly Champagne, great for brightening up the waterline and inner corner)
Luxure LipGelee (Packed full of gorgeous, glittering goodness)






Swatches: Luxure LipGelee, I Get No Kick, NC 15/20 Chromagraphic Pencil, Chilled On Ice PP




Thanks for hanging out with me! Happy New Year!!!
Xoxo,
Christine