Friday, September 10, 2010

Products I Regret Buying: Mascara

Okay so it can't be product raves and glowing reviews all of the time, right? Let's face it, sometimes we end up with a product that just doesn't live up to our expectations. Maybe slick advertising suckered us in or we just wanted to test out a new product. Whatever the case, I feel that "Products I Regret Buying" reviews are just as important as product raves.

So let's begin with 3 mascaras that I sincerely regret buying. (Please keep in mind mascara is personal, although these didn't work for me, they may still work great for you :)

Rimmel Sexy Curves: I know the Pixiwoos like this one, but it's not for me. I don't like how the formula leaves my lashes stiff and crispy. I also dislike the wavy shape of the brush, it doesn't give me the most desirable  application.



















Maybelline The Falsies: At first I thought it was decent, nothing spectacular but not bad. It gave me length but I can't stand the brush. The odd spoon shape is a pain to deal with, especially when I'm in a hurry in the morning. I don't want to spend time making sure I'm holding it in just the right position. The formula might be fine but Maybelline should have done a regular straight brush, instead of trying to get fancy.




















Last and certainly the worst mascara I've EVER purchased, Drum roll please....

NYX Doll Eye Mascara: I don't know if I just got a bad one or what but this is the absolute worst mascara I've ever tried! Not only is the formula is dry and clumpy but it has "lengthening" fibers that flake off into my eye! The brush is also terrible. It has very short bristles that taper in the center. The short bristles are so gunked up with dry clumpy product, you almost can't get it off the brush and onto your lashes.

 






















Well there you have it, 3 mascaras I regret buying.

Do you have a mascara you regret buying? Let me know.

Thanks for hanging out with me!
Xoxo,
Christine